New in v4.9.1
IMPORTANT: This release requires PHP 7.1.3 or greater.
This release brings a ton of accessibility fixes, a set of new dark-mode skins (and a new high-contrast skin), a few bug fixes, and a few UI improvements.
Example of colored skin in dark mode:
To use these new skins, go to Admin Settings > Branding and select them from the dropdown.
Improved "Add field to fieldset" UI
Search filter for Admin Settings
- Fixed (#7879) - search by serial or tag even if they have slashes in them
- Fixed (#7882) user with the correct permissions couldn't update manufacturers
- Fixed typo in CSP which prevented import UI from loading correctly
compact($id)errors when an asset/license/location/etc was not found
- (Developers only) Updated faker library to be compatible with PHP 7.4
- Improved highlight on selected asset rows (yellow now, instead of a slightly darker grey)
- Added search filtering to settings page to allow faster access to specific sections
- Improved "add custom field to fieldset" UI so that you have to click the submit button
- (Developers only) - dark skins .less files are now processed with
npm run prod
- Added permissions on user api (#7883)
- Added new dark background skins
- Added #7940 - update of local instance of
composer.pharon upgrade (if it's being used)
- Added #7947 -
rtd_location_idto API search
For general upgrading instructions, click here. Users who installed Snipe-IT via Git (recommended) can just run
For a full list of changes, see the changelog.
After completing the upgrade process, be sure to clear your browser cookies.
Upgrading from v3
Please see the upgrade instructions here.